Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 21 14 4:41 PM

Tags : :

One of the advertisements is malicious (I cannot specify which at this moment).  Multiple of my users, when they connect to forumer, get a warning that their Java is out of date (which it is not) and then the ad PUSHES setup.exe to their download folder.  As soon as I get more information, I will share it.  We are discontinuing use until this is identified and corrected.

THIS IS A CRITICAL ISSUE!

"Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life." - Lord John Whorfin
"The Spatula of Purity shall scramble the eggs of your malfeasance!" - Sir Osric the Chaste

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 21 14 4:42 PM

Further information, IE warns of the malicious attack and blocks it, Chrome merrily brings down setup.exe.

"Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life." - Lord John Whorfin
"The Spatula of Purity shall scramble the eggs of your malfeasance!" - Sir Osric the Chaste

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Aug 21 14 5:17 PM

Hello,

Thanks for the report. In order to pin this down quickly, I need a little more information.

Approximate location of the viewers who experience this (state, country), as well as the *exact* time this happened.

Thanks so much.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Aug 21 14 5:24 PM

screenshot

US, mostly PA, all east coast.  Just had one hit me as I was afk on the forum and an ad cycled through (am in Firefox):

Having issues pasting a pic...

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Aug 21 14 5:26 PM

Screenshot

just in the past 30 minutes or so...

ah no attachment option here!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Aug 22 14 4:34 AM

Any progress with this critical issue? This malware makes forumer non-functional for non-paying guests, and there is no way anyone would pay for a service that introduces itself with malware. The seizure inducing advertisements are bad enough.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Aug 22 14 8:49 AM

Sorry, we are trying to find it. I am in the East as well, but haven't seen it today. As soon as we see it, we'll know where it's coming from, but we have to see it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help